- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- prepared salsa (optional)
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl with a wire whisk.
- Stir in corn, cheese, milk, egg whites, egg, green onions, garlic and chili powder until well blended.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet. Cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve with prepared salsa, if desired.