- 1 apple per person, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or butter), per apple.
- 1/4 cup cashews, per person
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup water, per person
- salt, pepper, & curry powder, to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, heated, per person
- Stir fry the apple (s) over medium heat until the fruit browns and begins to soften.
- Season with salt, pepper and curry powder.
- Mix in water and lemon juice.
- Reduce heat and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed by the fruit.
- Toss in the cashews and stir.
- Taste a piece of apple and adjust seasoning.
- Serve over oatmeal.