- cooking spray
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided into 1/4 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups vodka sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease an oven-safe pan with cooking spray (I use a springform pan).
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti for 3 minutes less than package calls for. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss spaghetti with eggs, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and Italian seasoning. Transfer to prepared pan forming ‘crust’.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Cook onions until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add ground beef, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, and cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in vodka sauce and heat until warmed, 5 minutes.
- Spread ricotta over spaghetti crust , then pour in meat sauce. Top with mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake until spaghetti is set and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.
- If you use a springform pan, let cool 10 minutes.