- 1 flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash
- 4 whole wheat Pita Pockets
- Steak sauce
- On a large piece of heavy duty foil, combine mushrooms and onions.
- Dot with butter and season.
- Bring edge of foil together to seal.
- Place on grill on low heat, grill 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place steak on preheated grill and cook to desired doneness, about 6 to 7 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Slice the steak on an angle thinly.
- Serve immediately. To assemble the sandwiches, fill Pitas with meat and veggies. Top with steak sauce.