- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
Optional: you may add 1/2 teaspoon of paprika and/or 1 teaspoon of cumin to the recipe if you like those spices.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Stir dry ingredients into the 1/3 cup of water. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved and not lumpy.
- Stir water/seasoning mixture into to taco meat as it is cooking, and cook down until water is evaporated, continuing to stir as it cooks, about 10 minutes.
- This recipe makes one batch. You can multiply each amount by any number to make a large batch of dry taco seasoning and keep it on hand for future cooking. If you do this, then use 3 tablespoons of the recipe per one pound of meat.