Upper Peninsula resident, Jessica Racine, offers up this delicious chili perfect for warming up after a day of dog sledding or cheering on the teams. Each spoonful is sure to fuel you for all your winter adventures. Click here to read the full story about the UP200 Sled Dog Race.
- 1 package of chicken chili mix (stirred in 1 cup water)
- 20 ounces cooked chicken (2 cans, about 10 ounces each, or fresh chicken)
- 1 can of mushrooms, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 can of Mexi-corn, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 can Great Northern beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 5 ounces pepper jack cheese or white cheddar, shredded
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Add another cup of water or use some of the drained water from the mushroom can and corn in place of water.
- Cook on low for a couple hours, being careful not to let it come to a boil.
- Serve and top with more sour cream and pepper jack cheese.