- 2 (1-pound) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms stems and pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons bottled Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 (3-ounce) packages sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat cook venison, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in Italian seasoning; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, punch down dough.
- Roll out each loaf into a 16×8″ rectangle; cut in half width-wise.
- Brush Italian dressing over each square to within 1″ of edges.
- On half of each square, mound a 1/4 of the venison mixture, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and pepperoni.
- Fold dough over and seal edges well.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and brush with remaining dressing; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice, serve with spaghetti sauce if desired.