- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 cup sour milk ( 1 c. milk + 2 T. vinegar)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (topping)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (topping)
- Cream sugar and margarine together.
- Add eggs and mix until well blended.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt to mixture.
- Add flour and milk, alternately.
- Stir in finely chopped rhubarb.
- Pour into a 9×13 inch greased pan.
- Top with chopped nuts and brown sugar.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes.