- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or cooking wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons peanut (or other vegetable) oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (can substitute bouillon)
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts, sliced diagonally
- 2 teaspoons dark roasted sesame oil
- Marinate the shrimp: Mix the first three ingredients in a large bowl, then add the shrimp. Toss to coat; let sit for 15-20 minutes while you prepare the peas, ginger, and garlic.
- Stir-fry ginger and garlic: Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat for 1 minute. Add the peanut oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add the ginger and garlic and toss to combine. Stir-fry about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp, snow peas, soy sauce, stock; stir-fry: Add the shrimp and marinade to the pan. Add the snow peas, soy sauce, and stock. Stir-fry until the shrimp turns pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add green onions, finish with sesame oil: Add the onions and stir-fry 1 more minute. Turn off heat and add the sesame oil. Toss to combine and serve with steam rice.