For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups peeled & chopped apples
For the sauce:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cream oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture. Beat well.
- Fold in nuts and apples. Bake in well-greased Bundt pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 min.
- When cake is almost done, mix sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over hot cake and let cake remain in pan for 2 hours. Then turn cake right side up on serving plate.