Fall always calls for rich and flavorful comfort food. This mouthwatering recipe from Mackinac Island’s own Island House Executive Chef, Phil Kromer, puts an autumnal twist on a classic cheesecake that will have you dreaming at night of leaves crunching under boots and the smell of bonfires in the air. Click here to read more about celebrating fall on Mackinac Island.
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine ingredients and press into springform pan.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes.
- Wrap pan in two layers of aluminum foil when cool.
Pumpkin Filling Ingredients
- 1½ pounds cream cheese at room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
Pumpkin Filling Directions
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar in stand mixer, scraping bowl frequently.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in thoroughly, scraping bowl between each addition. Mix together remaining ingredients.
- Pour on top of crust and bake in a water bath at 350 F until set but slightly jiggly, about 75–90 minutes.
- Cool at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.