- 1 pound ground chuck
- 3/4 cup finely chopped bacon pieces (fully cooked)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 8 pineapple slices (canned)
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- 4 slices of Italian (5 cheese) or cheddar cheese (optional)
- 4 burger buns (sesame seed)
- 1 cup bourbon (any brand)
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 4 ice cubes
- Combine ground chuck, bacon, salt and pepper. Mix well and form into four burger patties and set aside.
- Mix all bourbon sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After the sauce has reduced, mix cornstarch, water and ice cubes together in a small cup to create a slurry. Slowly pour the slurry (holding back the ice cubes) into the bourbon sauce, stir the sauce until it comes to a light boil, remove from heat to cool (stir occasionally).
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, baste the burger patties and pineapple slices with a liberal amount of bourbon sauce. Grill burger patties over medium heat until done and the pineapple slices for two minutes on each side. Add a slice of Italian or cheddar cheese to each burger, if desired.
- Place one burger patty and 1 or 2 pineapple slices on each bun and top with tomato and lettuce. Add additional sauce to bun, if desired.