Ingredients list all the ingredients needed
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant or Rapid-rise yeast
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast.
- Add water and mix until a shaggy mixture forms
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12-18 hours (overnight works great).
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- When oven reaches 450 degrees place a very lightly oiled cast iron pot with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour dough onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest while the pot is heating.
- Remove hot pot from oven and drop in the dough.
- Cover and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.