- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup each diced potato, celery, cauliflower, carrot and broccoli, button mushrooms (optional)
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a lidded pot or Dutch oven, sauté green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the diced vegetables, water, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; then stir into pot. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add parsley. Just before serving, stir in cheese until melted.
- Note: this recipe doubles easily!