- 1 cup peanut butter, sunflower butter or almond butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds or chia seeds
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup any combination of nuts, seeds, and soft dried fruit (sunflower seeds, raisins, dried cranberries, shredded coconut, etc.)
- Combine the peanut butter and honey in a large mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add oats and chia seeds/flaxseeds. Add chocolate chips and nut/seed/fruit mixture. Mix gently to combine.
- Use a 7×11 or 9×9 pan sprayed with baking spray. Sprinkle bottom with coconut, pat down mixture firmly, and sprinkle more coconut on top and pat down.
- Refrigerate and cut into small bars. Enjoy for a healthy snack! (Keep refrigerated.)
How can these be considered healthy if they have regular chocolate chips in them. If the recipe said sugar-free, I would agree.
I made these. They are very dry. More like granola then a bar. But I will try them again. I used almond butter instead of peanut butter. I love the taste. And I’ve been looking for a oatmeal bar with lots of flavor. I think there yummy.
This looks quite good and I can’t wait to try it. I would probably omit the dried fruit since they always add a bunch of sugar, but a little dark chocolate is good for you. Thanks!