- 5 cups fresh peeled and cored pears slices
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter cut into bits
- 1 recipe for your favorite double pie crust
- Toss sliced pears in the lemon juice.
- Mix flour sugar, spices and zest and add to pear slices.
- Pour mixture into the bottom shell of your pie pan and dot the top with butter.
- Add the top crust, cut slits for steam and bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees then turn down oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
This is wonderful with a nice vanilla bean ice cream.