- 1 can sliced pineapple
- 1 can pear halves
- 1 can apricot halves
- 2 cans mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 whole allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Drain juice from fruit, saving pineapple juice.
- To the pineapple juice, add the sugar and curry powder and bring to a boil.
- Layer fruit in an ovenproof casserole and pour heated juice over fruit.
- Add cinnamon stick, cloves, allspice and nutmeg.
- Bake in slow oven (250 F for 2 hours) or medium oven (350 F for 1 hour)
- Can be served any way. It’s great the next day as well.