Janene and Scott Rawlinson often serve lavender lemonade to guests at Shades of Lavender farm. Give this uniquely refreshing recipe a try this summer.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried culinary lavender buds
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add water, sugar and lavender buds to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add two lemon rinds and let steep for 10-20 minutes.
- Strain mixture and cool to room temperature.
- Press 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Combine room-temperature mixture and freshly squeezed juice in a pitcher.
- Cool at least an hour and serve with a pretty lavender spring.