- 10 large potatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a large kettle or Dutch oven. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and place in a bowl; mash.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, 4 tablespoons butter, onion, and salt; stir until smooth and the cream cheese and butter are melted.
- Spread in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter; drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Refrigerate or bake immediately, covered, at 350 F for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 20 minutes longer, or until done.
- If potatoes are made ahead and refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Serve immediately.