Wine and food pairings are a match made in culinary heaven. This summer, enjoy this offering from St. Julian Wine Co. as an appetizer or light dinner with a side salad along with their 2018 Chambourcin Rosé—a fruity dry rosé is a perfect complement to this sweet and salty appetizer.
- 1 medium cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 20 small mozzarella balls
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Balsamic reduction for drizzle garnish
- Wooden appetizer skewers
- Balsamic Reduction
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Combine balsamic vinegar and honey over low heat until it starts to simmer. Gently cook until it reduces by half, about 15 minutes.
- Then thread onto small wooden cocktail skewers prosciutto, mozzarella, and melon cubes. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped basil and drizzle with balsamic reduction.