- 1/2 cup chili roasted pistachios (or chopped almonds/walnuts, roasted pistachios, etc.)
- 7-8 pitted medjool dates, soaked in water for 10 minutes to soften; drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (or semisweet chocolate if you prefer)
Add the pistachios to a food processor and pulse a few times until broken into small pieces. Add the dates, vanilla and cocoa powder, and pulse until moist and sticky dough is formed. Roll into 10-12 (1 inch) balls and freeze for at least 10 minutes. Melt chocolate and using tongs or toothpicks, dip each truffle to coat with chocolate. Optional: add crushed nuts on top while chocolate is still melted. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Can easily double or triple recipe.