- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large yellow or white onion
- 1 pound sausage
- 16-ounces fresh mushrooms, cut and sliced
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 (15-ounce) cans tomato soup
- 4 (15-ounce) cans water
- 1 pound pepperoni, cut into small pieces (or use very small round pepperoni)
- mozzarella cheese
- Italian bread
- Add olive oil to a large pot. Add the garlic, onions, and sausage. Cook the sausage until brown.
- Next, add the mushrooms and green peppers; sauté until tender.
- Add the oregano, basil, canned tomatoes, tomato soup, and water; bring to a boil.
- Add pepperoni.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with mozzarella cheese and some Italian bread.