- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 ounces turkey Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes, 1/4″ round slices, cut in half
- Combine eggs, salt, pepper, and milk; stir with a whisk.
- Heat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sauté kale, red onion, and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Layer in sausage and bell pepper.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over sausage and bell pepper.
- Preheat broiler to high. Place tomato slices on top of eggs in a single layer.
- Cook over medium heat, 5 to 6 minutes, or until eggs are partially set; then broil 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and almost set. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.