- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- zest of one lemon
- 2 egg whites beaten until stiff
- 5 cups of nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and lemon. Slowly add the egg whites while mixing.
- Add 2 1/2 tablespoons liquid (water, apple juice or Grand Marnier).
- Stir in 5 cups of nuts, one cup at a time and coat well.
- Place on 2 cookie sheets covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 275 F for about 1 1/2 hours until the foam subsides and dries clinging to the nuts. Toss while baking.
- Store in a closed container.