- 12 graham crackers (approx. 2 cups), finely crushed
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 or 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tub cool whip (8 ounces)
- Mix graham crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup sugar; press into 13X9 pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheeses and 3/4 cup of the remaining sugar until blended. Add preserves; mix well.
- Mash strawberries with remaining sugar until blended. (I leave small chunks). Add to cream cheese mixture along with the cool whip. Mix by hand until just blended. Spread over crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.