- 3 limes (including zest)
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 (16-ounce) cans great northern beans
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 8-ounce can green chilis (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- green onions (chopped)
- Place chicken in a large Ziploc bag. Add zest of 1 lime, juice of all 3, tequila, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Shake to mix and marinate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a pot and add onion and sauté 10 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic, chilis, cumin, cayenne pepper and cloves and sauté for 10 minutes. Add beans and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Then add cooked chicken (Note: to cook chicken, grill the chicken breast for 5 minutes and pour remaining marinade over chicken on the grill. Turn chicken and grill for 4 minutes. Remove once cooked and cut into small cubes).
- Add the cubed chicken and one cup of cheese to chili. Stir until cheese melts.
- Ladle into bowls. Top with remaining cheese, green onions, and sour cream. Salt to taste. Enjoy!